Sunday, August 22, 2010

August 22, 2010

Yesterday was my 83rd birthday! I had a very nice day. Steve came to spend most of the day. Lauren and Madison came by on their way to Atlanta, Lynn and Alan joined us for lunch. Lynn and Alan remembered that Gene always got me red roses for any occasion. So here came Alan with a dozen beautiful red roses!

I received many beautiful cards and there are sooo many wonderful face book messages. I'm still working on them! I really must get with this face book thing!

We all enjoyed playing with Madison while Mommie Lauren had a short nap. Having them here made for a very special day.

After lunch Steve, Lynn, and I took three roses to the cemetery for Gene. The cemetery looked beautiful.
The sod is growing well. Three more rows have been added since Gene. We all agreed that it is comforting to have a lovely place so nearby.

The hot weather zapped the second green bean crop so I've begun taking the wilted vines down. Tomatoes, peppers and maybe some eggplant are still coming on.

Hershey is still growing and still really energetic! How can I teach her not to jump up on me and everyone else? She just loves attention.

I need to get her inside now . Since her surgery last week, I've been letting her sleep inside (in her cage}

No comments:

Post a Comment