Friday, August 20, 2010

August 20, 2010



Lynn and Alan treated me to a birthday at Red Lobster tonight. We enjoyed our meal then went to Babies "R" Us to shop for a baby shower gift for Sarah and Ryan Fetz' baby Jacob Dennison who will be here around October 12th!

Whipped Cream and a candle!                             



Apple and Ice Cream Dessert!


How thoughtful of Lynn and Alan to make this day and tomorrow special! I'm amazed tp have reached the age of 83 years so quickly. It seems only yesterday that I was growing up at Mt. Victory.....seeing my brothers and Gene go off to WWII...graduating from High School.... attending college at S E Teachers College at Cape Giradeau, MO...home for Christmas. Gene home from the war. Getting married that April 64 years ago. Well my Daddy used to say "Life is only a drop in the bucket",  so I hope I have been a good drop so far!

Valdis came and helped me trim one of the cypress trees at the back of the house and did some other jobs. He is a hard worker and very strong. I am very glad to have his help.

Hershey is learning to behave fairly well in the house. I've been letting her go outside for short times and she is staying in the den and kitchen pretty well. She wants to supervise anything I'm doing.  She was 5 months old on the 13th and weighed 33.3 lbs!. She has long legs and jumps at least 3 ft. off the floor. I wonder how much bigger she will be.

Steve will be here for most of the day tomorrow. Lauren is bringing Madison to spend next week with Steve and Pat and will stop for a short visit on the way to Atlanta.

I am looking forward to their company on my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment